Our three feeding tips
Ideal compost food, finely chopped for the little mouths
- Old fruits and vegetables
- Coffee grounds, teabags
- Eggshells (best finely ground with the mortar)
- Egg carton or similar (torn to pieces)
- Bouquets (small cut)
- old leaves of houseplants
- Banana peels, ginger, chilies, Avocado sticks are ok!
Expert Feed - Can be added to a well-running, established composter in controlled amounts. Always watch!
- Potato peels (smells like minced, but helps to bury)
- Cabbage plants (composting slowly, smells)
- Garlic (composts slowly, smells, no problem)
- Onions (smells, envelopes no problem)
- Citrus fruits (composting slowly, smells, acidic)
- old bread (can mold, bury helps, small amounts)
- Nut and chestnuts (composting very slowly)
NOT suitable for the worm composter!
- Mustard, the worms do not like it at all
- Cooked food, salted leftovers, cheese rind, meat,
- bones, pasta, rice, legumes
- Ash, wood, plastic, metal, pet dung